2.6.10

First Day in a New World




Well, I've made it over...today marks the first day of my new life in Aberdeen.

My flat is nice, but very very small. It's located near Union Street, which I understand is the place to be in Aberdeen. I'm located above a real estate office and an Italian restaurant and I'm directly across the street from a mini grocery store. It's a good location, but the area is a bit grey. They call it the "silver city" after all!

Mom and I spent much of the day getting settled into my new flat. We unpacked suitcases, put clothes away, and found ways to organize in small places. We also tried to conquer some of the washing with my "washer/dryer" two-in-one combo. It's a sore subject at the moment...the thing doesn't work at all and appears to have ruined one of my sweaters. Mom just got finished reading the instruction manual and it says that it could take up to 180 minutes to dry 7 pieces of clothing...are you kidding me?! That's THREE hours!

We also ventured over to ASDA which is the UK version of Walmart (on steroids). This place is unreal! It's a 2-story version of the American favorite...AND the coolest part is that you ride a conveyor belt from floor to floor WITH your shopping cart! Mom took a picture of me to capture the experience...will post later when I can find my camera cord.


Signing off for now...have some things to do before I make my debut at the office in the morning!




2 comments:

  1. Hooray! We had one of those weird washer/dryer combos too - and I understand your frustration. I hope that you have fun and make sure to check out Yu's on Union Street - BEST FOOD EVER! Look forward to reading about your adventures,

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....and of course I'm reading it. How was your first day? Were the foreigners nice to you?!

    ReplyDelete

Followers