11.6.10

Is THAT a whale?!

After work, my mom and I decided to take in Dunnottar Castle located near Stonehaven. The castle was in ruins and most of it was inaccessible, but the views were absolutely spectacular! The castle sits high up on a cliff and from the top you can see the North Sea stretching to every corner of the horizon. Beautiful!



The funny part of the story is that along our hike up to the castle, I could see a dark shadow looming in the water and every now and then I could see it poke it's head up out of the water. My mom and I watched for a few minutes before I said "Is THAT a whale?! Shortly after making my profound announcement and capturing the attention of others, it became very clear that the whale I had spotted was nothing more than a boulder in the water! :) Tomorrow morning we are off to Loch Ness to hunt down Nessie ...hopefully then I can finally make my profound discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers