17.7.10

Balmoral Castle & The River Dee


Today I took a road trip into the Scottish Highlands and visited Balmoral Castle. Balmoral Castle is one of the Scottish homes to the Royal Family. The interior of the castle is off limits to tourists (apart from the Ballroom), but I was able to access and explore the castle grounds which were absolutely exquisite! The Castle sits along the River Dee which is a flowing river that runs through the heart of Scotland.

I picked the perfect weekend to make the trip...the lush gardens were in full bloom and the flowers were spectacular! I have never seen anything so beautiful! I've posted a lot of pictures on Facebook--check them out!


Funny Story...As part of the castle tour, I was able to visit the Royal Stables and see the Queen's ponies. After admiring the ponies for some time, I decided to walk on and see more of the castle grounds. Just as I was RIGHT behind one of the ponies, it let out an enormous amount of gas! I should have known what was coming when I saw it lift it's tail...Luckily no one else was around to hear it because I would have been concerned they thought it was me!...Needless to say, to save myself from the stench and what else might come, I quickly made a run for it! Here is a picture of the culprit...cute but very dangerous! :)


1 comment:

Followers